Sale promotion is a good way to make customers take a crucial action. If you decide to invest into a sale promotion without completely understanding key elements, you can risk losing a lot of potential clients. Sale promotion helps online businesses to break the ice with the main goal to boost short-term and long-term sales numbers.
To tell the truth, it is quite difficult to list all elements that can guarantee a successful sale regardless of the situation. Even if it is a hard task, we still want to try it out and provide 5 crucial elements of selling success.
One of the major mistakes that a lot of sales personnel make is to include a detailed history of their brand and an extended list of features that they offer what can spoil the prospect. The ideal presentation should be brief based on the brand’s possibilities and it should be focused on the crucial features of the product.
The main goal in sales is to determine how the product can meet the unique needs and resolve their problems. Amerisleep perfectly shows the main character of their product here:
There are additional benchmarks that can be used to make your sales presentation push closer to the prospect:
- Case studies. Based on the recent research many salespeople aren’t able to present relevant case studies or examples. Each seller should have a bunch of relevant examples and case studies in his arsenal that can be used for different types of practices and can work well for other people. Personal relevance is must-have for dealing with the prospect and make people use their products.
- Sales Tools: Having right sales tools, salespeople can make powerful presentations for each prospect. Good individual presentations can quickly show people their top features and make them take a crucial action.
- Unique interests. The research may disclose unique interests of your prospects. In that case, the presentation should emphasize these interests. No matter what the prospect is, the presentation must be personalized and focused on those interests.
Whichever the personalization methods used, the final result should present and shows the prospect that introduces their online business and invests into it that help them succeed.
#2. Effective storytellingEach salesperson has a lot of stories that are ready to disclose. Interesting and magical stories attract potential customers’ attention and encourage them to take a key decision. As you know great stories sell well.
Some stories work successfully, while other stories fail to exert influence. But each story includes additional elements that can make it more persuasive and engaging. Stories should grab customers’ attention. Everyone loves a good story that’s why people love watching shows and movies. They sound compelling and breathtaking.
Adding emotional impact can make your story arouse trust and empathy and create a close connection with your target audience. Facts and features can add more relevance to the story. For example, the OverTheTopSEO company used figures to attract more customers’ attention and find more potential clients:
Motivation is another driving force to action. People are inclined to make emotional sales and explain their decisions with logic.
The following elements can turn a simple story to an effective selling technique:
- Structure. As you know that all stories must have a good structure: beginning, middle and end. Without the structure, a story can’t fail to engage.
- Objective. Each story should have the objective of the story. Clearly defining the purpose can help people get the main message.
- Find a hero. Each salesperson often makes their product a hero in the story. But it isn’t about the product, it is about the prospect.
- Conflict. Each successful story should include a full of challenges and needs that each hero meets on a regular basis or in the time of crisis.
- Worry. Good stories have an element of worry what make them addictive. Worry suggest heroes bridge the challenge and find the solution to the problem
- Word picture. A great word picture is necessary to engage the audience in the story. Word picture is often associated with senses and feelings that can enhance the impact and make your story more persuasive.
#3. Visual materials
The success of most presentations lies in including some visual materials, for example, product demo or PowerPoint presentation. Visual materials help people retain their wandering eye and trigger buying feelings. Scientifically, this kind of materials can improve the effectiveness of your overall presentation.
As you know that 30% of our brain used to process visual information in comparison with only 3% for hearing. As our brain is so dedicated to this sort of information, our visual perception is very essential. That’s why many marketing companies and Seo software use visual materials in order to be a big winner among their competitors. For example, SE Ranking and WorkExaminer fall into this category:
We have a good memorial faculty on images what improve information retention. Due to the use of pictures, people will be more likely to keep in mind your presentation rather than using of words. The survey showed that people can remember 65% of the information if you add more visuals.
Visual materials have a great emotional impact on your story, motivate your audience to take an action and make your material more memorable.
#4. Scientific explanationsTo make your presentation credible and jaw-dropping, you can add more scientific materials that work well for your products. Using scientific material together with visual ones can simplify the explanation of complex information and improve the understanding of your key points.
Make sure that not all scientific materials can be good for your presentation, they must be accurate. Inaccurate information can spoil your reputation, trust and decrease the chances of successful sales. That’s why it is better to hire specialists with a good knowledge and background to create accurate scientific and visual materials.
#5. Time framesDefining and managing your selling time frame is pretty much important before preparing your online business and start advertising to your potential clients. Try to maximize your time as a seller. Make it clear about your time frames for a specific business sale. You can offer some reasonable prices, attractive business conditions and good discounts that can increase buyers’ interest and speed up the sale process.
If you want to retain your customers, you should provide the bailout points that can highlight your business qualifications and capabilities. You need to create comfortable conditions for your buyers to make them get a right purchase decision and reach your selling goal.