Do you want more people to share your valuable content?
Are you looking for a promotion tool that allows you to balance automation and authenticity?
I recently discovered an easy-to-use sharing tool that can help you do exactly that. Viral Content Bee is a free platform for social media sharing. It helps you get more shares for your high quality content by putting it in front of niche influencers who love sharing great content.
In this article you’ll discover how to use Viral Content Bee to promote your content across channels in one place while embracing the human touch. But before we jump in realize there are so many content promotion strategies and tools out there. Keep searching and tinkering until you find what works for you and your niche.
Let’s dive in.
Weigh the quality of your content first
Before you dive into the steps of how to promote your content, you’ve got to ask yourself a crucial question first:
Is your content share-worthy? That’s the key to it all. Quality content increases the odds of getting shares. To enhance your prospects of seeing results, undo the knots in your content. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Does your content solve a real nagging problem?
- Is it gobbledygook–free, engaging, and lively?
- Is the headline clear, specific, and gripping?
- Does it have a captivating header image?
- And, finally, the big one: is it incredibly useful?
Let me be frank with you: people won’t share lousy content. No app, hack, or platform can outsmart quality. Platform rules state clearly that crummy content will be rejected. Their extensive quality guidelines emphasize quality over quantity.
When you’re ready with a quality piece, it’s time to promote it.
Step #1: Register and enable your social media accounts
First, go to www.viralcontentbee.com and register for free. You can register through your Twitter or Facebook account or fill in a form.
Once you’re registered, the link in your confirmation email takes you to the platform’s dashboard. Next, activate your social media accounts by going to the settings tab and clicking on social accounts.
The platform supports Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Stumbleupon, and Google+. You can use up to five Twitter accounts.
Each time you share another user’s content, you get credits. Note that you don’t get any credits for sharing content on Google+. More about credits and how they work in a bit.
Step #2: Upload the article you want to share
Once you’ve verified your account, you’re ready to move to the next step – uploading your content. Users are encouraged to be very selective so only submit your best content that has a real chance of doing well. To upload your content you need four items:
#1. The title of the article- make sure it’s clear, catchy, or piques the readers curiosity so they check it out.
#2. The image URL of the piece- remember to brand your image to boost your brand recognition.
#3. A short description of the post- your description should act as a sales letter of your blog article so readers ‘buy’ it by sharing it.
#4. And of course, the URL of the article.
Here’s a shot with the required fields already filled in.
A nifty feature you should consider activating when uploading your content is the retweet function. It lets you get notifications when someone shares your post and boosts your clout score.
The platform allows you to customize your dashboard and precisely target your audience by choosing your three favourite categories. This lets you only see the types of content you want to share instead of being clogged with irrelevant content.
Upon registration, you get 10 free credits. That’s enough for you to upload one article. When done, wait for approval. Approval may take several hours since it’s done by a real human to ensure that only quality content gets the nod.
Don’t worry about the queue. Once your content has been okayed several times, you’ll bypass the moderation waiting line since you’ll now be a trusted user.
Step #3: Share other people’s content
Sharing other people’s content is authentic and a breeze.
Each article has a title, a description, and sharing buttons underneath. You can take a peek at a piece and share it through your favourite channels if you like it. No bots share content on this program. It’s real people who’re impressed by your awesome content.
As you can see from the screenshot above, you can read a brief description of the piece to get an idea what it’s about: if your content appetite is whetted you then click on the title and skim through the article – and if you like it, you just need to click on the social media icons to share it.
The more you share the more credits you get to promote your own content. Credits are allocated on a sliding scale according to your audience size.
As you can see from the shot above, the bigger your audience the more credits you get. Note that you need at least 100 Twitter followers and a minimum of 250 Facebook friends to share other users content.
Use the buffer feature to schedule your shares so they come out at the exact intervals you desire. You can also track the number of shares your article is getting in the stats tab. Here’s some numbers I pulled from the system.
The graphic above shows that this particular post of mine seems to be gaining some traction on Twitter. This handy stats feature helps you to see which channel works best for your business so you evaluate your social media strategy and allocate financial and human resources accordingly.
- If you see your content getting some traction on StumbleUpon, you’d give StumbleUpon Paid Discovery a try.
- Or if you notice your posts are popular on Twitter, maybe it’s time to evaluate your Twitter marketing strategies.
- Maybe you realise your articles doing well on Facebook, so you’d consider investing in Facebook ads.
- Perhaps you get more shares on Pinterest, it’d mean you make your content marketing more visual and engage more on that channel.
Whenever you share someone else’s content you get credits while you get debited when your content gets shared.
It’s all about keeping your credits bank full so your articles stay shareable. When your credits are running low you get an email notification so you top up. Each time new posts are added yours gets pushed down to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th page and so forth which means fewer shares for you. To keep your content on the first page you have to add 30 credits.
A cool tip to bump up your piece to page one at regular intervals, especially when it’s new, is to add credits in batches of 30 or so credits. If your post gets shared while you don’t have credits, the share doesn’t go live until you earn some.
If spending time earning credits sounds like a big hassle you can always upgrade to the paid monthly plans. There are two tiers. First, there’s the $19.95 plan that gets you 200 credits every month and the $49.95 plan that nets you 500 credits.
Sharing other people’s content builds your authority: more and more people will regard you as a trusted voice in your niche and be more likely to share your content. Not only that. They’ll probably seek out your services and products as well.
Step #4: Reach out, interact, and network
A standout feature of this tool is that it lets you build real human connections with ease. It seamlessly allows you to kick off a conversation by following the sharer to the channel where the piece was shared.
The system pulls out a sharer’s details and the channel they used to share. This lets you interact with people who share your content by clicking on the interact button under the interactions tab.
Networking is a big part of business. Clicking the highlighted button enables you to instantly follow your promoter on social media, thank them, and grow your network. You can develop genuine relationships with fellow marketers and influencers this way. Here’s how I did that recently:
The interactions tab is an effective way to build connections fast and get more shares by liking, retweeting, thanking, and following those who promote your content.
Used right, this content promotion tool doesn’t only get you shares. It also grows your traffic, builds your brand, and enables you to meet business partners. For me, the greatest benefit of Viral Content Bee is that it fosters real human connections and community.
Summary: Viral Content Bee Walkthrough
Here’s the thing: Getting content noticed is tough.
Many content marketers are frazzled by producing stellar content they know deserves to light up the web only to have it go poof into cyber oblivion – ignored, disregarded, forgotten. That’s the harsh reality. According to a Buzzsumo Content, Shares and Links report, the majority of blog posts receive a paltry 2 or less Twitter shares, 2 or less FB interactions, 1 or less Google+ shares, and zero LinkedIn shares.
With this promotion tool, you can pull your content out of the abyss, get discovered by search engines (and people) and create real social buzz.
Join Viral Content Bee now!
SEO isn’t just about optimizing your own content to be easily found by people performing search queries directly in search engines or social media platforms. More sweat is involved to ensure your brand is facing its audience correctly and competently.
As many know, social media plays a significant role in how consumers perceive brands and even in how easily they can find them. Because of this it is more important than ever to include brand monitoring as part of a comprehensive SEO plan. Here is how to do it.
Where to Start
To effectively implement brand monitoring you will need a tool. Relying on Google Alerts is a good start but there are far more effective apps available which provide detailed information and analysis.
Connecting with Influencers
People care about what other people say. Especially if the ones saying it are public figures. Or influencers for that matter. Now, it’s important to understand there are three types of influencers:
- Local Influencers – their opinion impacts the local industry.
- Industry-Specific Influencers – these are people that have high authority over specific topics, skills, and industries.
- General Influencers – people who are public figures, have often hundreds of thousands, if not millions of followers on social media.
Five years later, and this post from Copyblogger still outlines the best way to connect with influencers. A few ideas, besides social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or Instagram, include:
- Signing up for their program, product, service – putting some money in before asking for "free" stuff.
- Joining their on-site events or meetups: hey, if you have an opportunity to connect 1-on-1, do it!
- Asking the right relevant questions: One smart question can open many doors for you. Prove that you are smart, and that you know what you want from other people in terms of information.
Using Brand Monitoring Tools: Introducing Brand24
Brand24 is one of the newest faces on the brand monitoring tools scene, and has gained a lot of popularity among brands. The tool provides real-time insight into what is being said about your brand and your competition.
Membership plans start at $49 and can go up to as much as $399, plus customer plan for larger brands. However, a $49 plan is sufficient enough for an early-stage startup to monitor their brand successfully. Bonus: this is a pay-as-you-go type of service, which offers the user more flexibility and doesn’t force him into a 12-months contract or an automated payment scheme. The tool is fully automated, offers Slack integration, and has a mobile app available for iOS and Android devices.
The analytics section provides unique factoring such as advanced search queries, interactivity analytics, estimated social reach, and so on. A demo is available for testing if you need more time to think about it.
If you’ve read my recent article on customer journey mapping examples, then you should understand why knowing how people find you matters in the evolution of your services/products.
How Brand24 Works
Signing up for a free Brand24 account can be done with an email or using their Facebook integration.
Once you sign up, you will be asked to type in your target keywords or phrases. You can also specify what language you want results to be targeting.
The menu is located on the left of the dashboard and offers intuitive controls.
The overview portion of the dashboard is equally intuitive. It allows users to sort information by days, weeks, or months and to view by the most popular mentions or the most popular authors.
The bottom of the dashboard is especially valuable for identifiying the influencers who dominate the converstaion for your project’s keywords. Users can view the most influential profiles or sites and view associated statistical information.
The free version of Brand24 is robust. Those who want additional features can also choose to upgrade the service to one of the paid subscriptions.
Once you are monitoring brand mentions there are two powerful ways to use this knowledge to support your SEO efforts.
Request Mentions beyond Citations
Just because someone has cited a brand somewhere doesn’t mean they have linked to the website. Inbound links from authoritative websites are a valuable portion for your marketing efforts.
If a person is already citing a brand by name, they are more likely to be willing to include a proper mention with a link to their website, social media, or email address. You can use services such as HARO, or simply go the old fashion "blogger outreach" way.
Control the Narrative
If people are talking about your brand on social media, you need to be part of the conversation. Brand monitoring makes it possible to take action and instantly reshape the narrative if the brand is being mentioned in a negative light.
Alternatively, if the brand being complained about is a competitor why not swoop in and save the day? Monitoring your brand is a powerful tool but monitoring the competition can offer even wider perspective into what potential customers are happy with and what need has yet to be fulfilled.
Brand monitoring can maximize marketing efforts by providing direct consumer insight from those consumers who are already invested in your service or product. This allows you to learn exactly what they want so you can provide it and gain greater brand loyalty.
It will make it easier to identify the platforms on which they are most active so marketing efforts can be directed toward the right locations. If you know more people are mentioning your brand on Snapchat suddenly, it makes sense to invest the resources into developing a presence there. This is true for the reverse as well. You can avoid those platforms that have limited brand engagement to maximize marketing resources.
Any tool will work to a certain degree, whether you choose to pay $500+ a month or settle for $49. But people make the difference – and Brand24 excels in helping you reach those whose opinion counts. Other than that, you should make sure to have behind every brand monitoring tool, a sharp, detail-oriented employee or contractor who knows what they’re doing. The human factor should also be part of your marketing efforts, not just from a customer perspective, but also from an "in-house" operational point of view.
1. Research and Target Relevant KeywordsIn order to get a constant flow of traffic, you first need to identify your specific niche and target audience. For instance, if you offer project management software, then your target audience will be online marketers who need to use project management software to stay in control of their projects. Further, you need to determine whether you want to target budding online marketers or seasoned marketers or both.Once you have identified your audience, you can determine the keywords they may use to find useful information. Here is how you can do this:
- Use a keyword research tool to get keyword ideas.
- Choose the most relevant keywords and segment them according to your targeted audience.
- Research about the keywords to determine whether or not its popularity will grow with time.
2. Leverage Visual Content to Maximize TrafficWhen it comes to boosting traffic, you need to leverage the traffic that is most engaged. Research proves that video is the most engaging type of content, and marketers are using it to capture users’ attention.According to a research by HubSpot, video appears to be the most favored form of content by customers and prospects.Moreover, according to KPCB, video will account for 74 percent of all the online traffic in 2017. Again, brands that use video for marketing see their revenue growing 49 percent faster compared to those who do not use videos. So, there is every reason why content marketers should leverage this form of content.Videos also help with SEO. Including video sends signals to search engines that the page contains rich media relevant to the search requests. The transcript part of the video that uses keywords improves the findability of the content. By hosting videos on YouTube, the second largest search engine in terms of the number of search queries, you can easily boost the traffic on your website. You can also share the videos on social media to increase the website traffic.Take the example of Dunkin Donuts that relies on video campaigns to sell its products. The brand took advantage of Valentine’s Day and rolled out a live streaming video. The video showed how the brand creates its new products. As a bonus, the video also featured the creation of a gigantic, donut-themed wedding cake. The video attracted more than 36,000 viewers.To increase traffic for your brand and attract attention, you can create how-to videos, DIY videos, product-explainer videos, and animated videos.
3. Become a Trusted Source of InformationBecoming a trusted source of high-quality and useful information is one of the best ways to increase traffic. Pages that offer useful and relevant content and have high demand among readers are ranked higher on the SERPs (search engine result pages). Sites that have lots of high-quality content focused on a particular subject tend to rank higher.(Tip: If you have a broad audience and cover multiple topics, make sure the content is organized based on topics or themes to avoid content silos.)One of the easiest ways to establish authority in a specific niche is by starting a blog. Blogging helps you create a base for your content marketing efforts. However, blogging requires a lot of investment in terms of time and effort. But when done properly, you can reap long-term benefits. Here are a few tips on increasing traffic by blogging:
- Use a blog design that appeals to your target audience. Starting a WordPress blog is often a great idea as WordPress offers a number of inbuilt themes that can be used to create a professional blog. You can also integrate other themes, if needed.
- Create a catchy title for your posts to attract attention quickly. Keep the titles short, use numbers within the title or use words that invoke emotions. Make sure the post offers exactly what the title says.
- Choose evergreen topics to keep the posts relevant for a long time.
- Include visuals to improve the level of engagement and offer a better experience.
- Repurpose posts to increase viewership. Turn posts into short videos, podcasts, infographics, etc. and share on various channels.