Modern marketing is all about data. Forecasts, ROIs, opportunities and revenues are solely sales metrics. Marketing become data-driven and you need tools to derive and evaluate this data.
SEO takes pretty good chunk of the marketing budget and have to be accurately estimated. However, the ROI for SEO is very hard to predict. There are not that many tools out there that can help you with calculating SEO potential but here are some that are very helpful.
#1. SE Ranking
SE Ranking is a modern seo software that comes with many sophisticated features including SEO Potential. The tool would be useful to those that deal with SEO budgets or calculate and predicts outcomes of the marketing campaigns. SEO freelancers and digital agencies will really appreciate this instrument. SEO potential uses a formula that estimates ROI of your SEO investments. If you are familiar with SE Ranking platform, here is where you can find this tool:
Using SEO Potential you can forecast how many clicks you can receive based on your ranking in search results, what traffic volume you can reach and how many leads you can get and how much it will cost. You can export the report and present it to your executive team or the prospective clients.
Alexa is a great tool that helps you compare different website traffic and traffic trends. The tool is interesting to use for comparing large sites within your industry. It is not great to use for small and medium sites.
Accuracy is a major concern though, as the numbers are not always useful for forecasting traffic on their own. It is not bad at foretelling the trends for a site but the charts are hard to make any real use of. The demographic insights could also be valuable.
Quantcast demonstrated traffic numbers that are easy to use, shows information in a good way and provides some good demographic information. In comparison with other mentioned tools, it is unable to compare sites and lacks data for small trafficked websites. Although the accuracy remains doubtful for the traffic data, the tool seems very interesting and worth further investigation.
#4. Google Trends
Google Trends is good at getting broad information and comparing different websites. It includes regional information and gives you detailed data without direct access to your competitor’s analytics account. The tool provides accurate data on traffic from search.
Compete has a great option to compare multiple websites and competitors. It has a user-friendly interface, and the provided data is well-presented and easy to understand. The biggest shortcoming is that the data is not accurate at all, but the trends are fool-proof. You can also look at seasonal trends between competitors and get interesting demographic information.
SimilarWeb is one of the most powerful tools that help you analyze your competitors and get a well-detailed site analysis in the following aspects: accuracy of prediction, number of websites covered, amount of additional information, etc.
Similar to other tools, the accuracy is still far from perfect. Regarding small websites, SimilarWeb provides the less reliable results. It seems that the tool overestimates the size of the smaller websites.
- If your website is US focused, you can use SE Ranking and Compete as they provide data for the longer period of time.
- If you want to get more data about organic traffic, you can use SE Ranking and analyze your site positions in more details.
- Quantcast gives you interesting demographic data.
- Search for a brand name in Google Trends can show you the seasonality of the traffic for some period of time.
All of the tools above are useful and valuable depending on your business needs. Personally, I rely most heavily on SE Ranking that helps me predict traffic and estimate website potential.
Do you know other tools to estimate SEO potential? Share your ideas in the comments below.
#1. PersonalizationOne of the major mistakes that a lot of sales personnel make is to include a detailed history of their brand and an extended list of features that they offer what can spoil the prospect. The ideal presentation should be brief based on the brand’s possibilities and it should be focused on the crucial features of the product.The main goal in sales is to determine how the product can meet the unique needs and resolve their problems. Amerisleep perfectly shows the main character of their product here:There are additional benchmarks that can be used to make your sales presentation push closer to the prospect:
- Case studies. Based on the recent research many salespeople aren’t able to present relevant case studies or examples. Each seller should have a bunch of relevant examples and case studies in his arsenal that can be used for different types of practices and can work well for other people. Personal relevance is must-have for dealing with the prospect and make people use their products.
- Sales Tools: Having right sales tools, salespeople can make powerful presentations for each prospect. Good individual presentations can quickly show people their top features and make them take a crucial action.
- Unique interests. The research may disclose unique interests of your prospects. In that case, the presentation should emphasize these interests. No matter what the prospect is, the presentation must be personalized and focused on those interests.
#2. Effective storytellingEach salesperson has a lot of stories that are ready to disclose. Interesting and magical stories attract potential customers’ attention and encourage them to take a key decision. As you know great stories sell well.Some stories work successfully, while other stories fail to exert influence. But each story includes additional elements that can make it more persuasive and engaging. Stories should grab customers’ attention. Everyone loves a good story that’s why people love watching shows and movies. They sound compelling and breathtaking.Adding emotional impact can make your story arouse trust and empathy and create a close connection with your target audience. Facts and features can add more relevance to the story. For example, the Over The Top SEO company used figures to attract more customers’ attention and find more potential clients:Motivation is another driving force to action. People are inclined to make emotional sales and explain their decisions with logic.The following elements can turn a simple story to an effective selling technique:
- Structure. As you know that all stories must have a good structure: beginning, middle and end. Without the structure, a story can’t fail to engage.
- Objective. Each story should have the objective of the story. Clearly defining the purpose can help people get the main message.
- Find a hero. Each salesperson often makes their product a hero in the story. But it isn’t about the product, it is about the prospect.
- Conflict. Each successful story should include a full of challenges and needs that each hero meets on a regular basis or in the time of crisis.
- Worry. Good stories have an element of worry what make them addictive. Worry suggest heroes bridge the challenge and find the solution to the problem
- Word picture. A great word picture is necessary to engage the audience in the story. Word picture is often associated with senses and feelings that can enhance the impact and make your story more persuasive.