Consumers are looking for unique information that teaches them something new. The right piece of content marketing can drive sales. However, if your content is hard to find online then, naturally, your prospects can’t convert.
Dominating Content Marketing in 2016This year, expect content marketing to dominate SEO, but just like Neil Patel wrote in a Quick Sprout article, “Content marketing and SEO go together like peanut butter and jelly… if you are trying to grow your qualified search traffic, you have to combine your content marketing with your SEO efforts.” Since content marketing is taking over, let’s examine how to get ahead in the space this year.
Blog or BustIf you don’t already have a blog, you need to have one created and tie it back to your website before you can begin integrating content marketing into your SEO strategy. You can improve your conversion ratio and SERPs with images and a blog. A business blog is typically the best place to publish your primary marketing content. Put a content marketing plan of action in place, which needs to include developing informational material.
Strategic Content DevelopmentAs noted in Pay Anywhere’s article “The New SEO”, a blog is not a place for you to be super promotional. Save the sales promotions for email marketing. Instead, show “how your business is going the extra mile to help the community, or focus on a new product that is unique to your business or area.” Search Engine Land suggests, “You’ll sell more by not selling.” Behind every good piece of content marketing is a good brainstorming session. Break out your notebook and some colored pens and consider these suggestions SEO Chat contributor Chance Hoggan offered in his article “A Guide to Generating Great Website Content Ideas”:
- Feel your customers’ pain.
- Tune into your customers’ passions and emotions.
- Take a direct and indirect approach to crowdsourcing.
- Feed off popular news stories.
- Eavesdrop on your customers’ and competitors social media channels.
All About VideosAt one point, adding an image to a piece of content marketing was good enough. With the recent explosion of video marketing, images alone are not going to cut it. While videos deployed on YouTube or Facebook can be considered a form of content marketing alone, kick things up a notch by embedding videos right into your blog posts. Did you know?
- 78 percent of people watch videos online every week
- 55 percent of people watch videos online every day
- By 2017, experts believe that video will take up 69 percent of consumer Internet traffic
- 52 percent of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI
Quality Beats QuantityLast year Google released its Quality Update. The update rewards websites that have quality content and punishes those that do not. Google update or not, it’s always best to focus on delivering quality content. In assessing whether or not your content is up to par, consider what Forbes Contributor Jayson DeMers suggests:
- Use an appropriate length.
- Supplement with videos, images, infographics, and other media.
- Be sure to use proper grammar and spelling.
- Format pages and text accordingly.
- Achieve an appropriate readability score.
- Tie back to a qualified professional in the space — expertise matters.
- Integrate content marketing with social media.
- Utilize good internal and external links.
- Provide value.
Marketing for Your SEO and Content MarketingYour job as a content creator does not end after you create a piece of content. Content marketing is one part content creation and two parts content distribution and promotion. You already know you should be sharing your content on social media, but what are some other places to promote it? Try using these locations:
- Email communications
- Email signatures
- Search engine advertising
Infographics are hot right now. They are attractive, draw your eye, and impart a lot of information. They also are really difficult to stop reading which makes them extremely useful for getting across dry content that may otherwise difficult to sit through making them an excellent educational tool. Continue reading