#1. PersonalizationOne of the major mistakes that a lot of sales personnel make is to include a detailed history of their brand and an extended list of features that they offer what can spoil the prospect. The ideal presentation should be brief based on the brand’s possibilities and it should be focused on the crucial features of the product. The main goal in sales is to determine how the product can meet the unique needs and resolve their problems. Amerisleep perfectly shows the main character of their product here: There are additional benchmarks that can be used to make your sales presentation push closer to the prospect:
- Case studies. Based on the recent research many salespeople aren’t able to present relevant case studies or examples. Each seller should have a bunch of relevant examples and case studies in his arsenal that can be used for different types of practices and can work well for other people. Personal relevance is must-have for dealing with the prospect and make people use their products.
- Sales Tools: Having right sales tools, salespeople can make powerful presentations for each prospect. Good individual presentations can quickly show people their top features and make them take a crucial action.
- Unique interests. The research may disclose unique interests of your prospects. In that case, the presentation should emphasize these interests. No matter what the prospect is, the presentation must be personalized and focused on those interests.
#2. Effective storytellingEach salesperson has a lot of stories that are ready to disclose. Interesting and magical stories attract potential customers’ attention and encourage them to take a key decision. As you know great stories sell well. Some stories work successfully, while other stories fail to exert influence. But each story includes additional elements that can make it more persuasive and engaging. Stories should grab customers’ attention. Everyone loves a good story that’s why people love watching shows and movies. They sound compelling and breathtaking. Adding emotional impact can make your story arouse trust and empathy and create a close connection with your target audience. Facts and features can add more relevance to the story. For example, the Over The Top SEO company used figures to attract more customers’ attention and find more potential clients: Motivation is another driving force to action. People are inclined to make emotional sales and explain their decisions with logic. The following elements can turn a simple story to an effective selling technique:
- Structure. As you know that all stories must have a good structure: beginning, middle and end. Without the structure, a story can’t fail to engage.
- Objective. Each story should have the objective of the story. Clearly defining the purpose can help people get the main message.
- Find a hero. Each salesperson often makes their product a hero in the story. But it isn’t about the product, it is about the prospect.
- Conflict. Each successful story should include a full of challenges and needs that each hero meets on a regular basis or in the time of crisis.
- Worry. Good stories have an element of worry what make them addictive. Worry suggest heroes bridge the challenge and find the solution to the problem
- Word picture. A great word picture is necessary to engage the audience in the story. Word picture is often associated with senses and feelings that can enhance the impact and make your story more persuasive.
#3. Visual materialsThe success of most presentations lies in including some visual materials, for example, product demo or PowerPoint presentation. Visual materials help people retain their wandering eye and trigger buying feelings. Scientifically, this kind of materials can improve the effectiveness of your overall presentation. As you know that 30% of our brain used to process visual information in comparison with only 3% for hearing. As our brain is so dedicated to this sort of information, our visual perception is very essential. That’s why many marketing companies and Seo software use visual materials in order to be a big winner among their competitors. For example, SE Ranking and WorkExaminer fall into this category: We have a good memorial faculty on images what improve information retention. Due to the use of pictures, people will be more likely to keep in mind your presentation rather than using of words. The survey showed that people can remember 65% of the information if you add more visuals. Visual materials have a great emotional impact on your story, motivate your audience to take an action and make your material more memorable.
#4. Scientific explanationsTo make your presentation credible and jaw-dropping, you can add more scientific materials that work well for your products. Using scientific material together with visual ones can simplify the explanation of complex information and improve the understanding of your key points. Make sure that not all scientific materials can be good for your presentation, they must be accurate. Inaccurate information can spoil your reputation, trust and decrease the chances of successful sales. That’s why it is better to hire specialists with a good knowledge and background to create accurate scientific and visual materials.
#5. Time framesDefining and managing your selling time frame is pretty much important before preparing your online business and start advertising to your potential clients. Try to maximize your time as a seller. Make it clear about your time frames for a specific business sale. You can offer some reasonable prices, attractive business conditions and good discounts that can increase buyers’ interest and speed up the sale process. If you want to retain your customers, you should provide the bailout points that can highlight your business qualifications and capabilities. You need to create comfortable conditions for your buyers to make them get a right purchase decision and reach your selling goal.
Bottom LineA successful sales promotion always requires budgeting and planning. Before investing money, you should get a good feel about your potential customers and know all risks that can prevent your product from losses. Take enough time to do it right. A good selling experience is where everyone benefits either you or your customers. We hope that the following five elements can improve your sales promotion experience.
People don’t make any purchases like they used to. Most of them make their buying decisions on Google, other buyers are done digitally. Each customer typically uses different interaction channels to finish their buying journey.
Using the common acclaim in sales and digital marketing is imperative, but many companies are still behind with their efforts. You often hear this phrase: "We know that it is very important, but we don’t know where to start". Most business owners should spend enough time on sales.
Convincing your customers should be one of the key jobs for each marketer and advertiser. They always face two important problems that can affect your business decision-taking process. First of all, what you need to do, and, secondly, how to get moving. To grow your sales and improve your brand awareness, you should take the advantage of five psychological factors that can explain and impact on customers’ decision-making.
1. Use social proof to boost sales
As you know people love to be a part of something big. They love to feel their peers accept a product before they make a crucial decision. There are various social proof tactics that can affect your sales. You can use product reviews, polls, surveys, expert or celebrity approval, etc.
The approach of social proof is closely associated with the approach of liking. We all are social creatures and we like everything that delights the eye. Other people do that as well. Everything that displays the popularity of your products and your website can enhance a response.
Many studies reveal that 70% of consumers rely on product reviews before your decision-making. Make sure that product reviews are more reputable than product descriptions made by manufacturers. This tactic is perfectly demonstrated by Bestmattress Brand that provides a list of the most popular mattress and beds reviews.
Make sure that product reviews are not the only way to show social proof. You can also use other ways to increase sales:
- Polls and surveys. Most of companies use this tactic when they state like "92% of clients are pleased with their purchases".
- Expert or celebrity approval. Many brands take after this strategy to increase sales. Influencer or celebrity words mean a lot in a certain industry.
- Follower counts. Using social media icon on a page that shows a number of followers and shares is a good form of social proof. When people see these tickers, they are more likely to share it themselves.
2. Use the principle of consistency and commitment
Many brands go all out to be consistent in their actions and works – even they do things that are totally unwise. If you want to highlight something in your product or make changes in your life, it will be useful to state your benefits publicly. As soon as you do it out loud or online, you should build up more incentives to complete your sales deal.
As a marketer, if you want to get more clients, you need to make a good commitment to your brand. For example, you can use like sign up for the newsletter or try out for free. This is one of the most effective principles behind WorkExaminer:
But if you actually don’t offer products or services, for example, you offer online courses or tutorials, even if there is no official commitment, you will get more chances to increase your sales. For example, WHSR demonstrates it in a proper way. They make it as coherent as possible – download now, start e-course and read review.
I also love Zappos’ shipping and returns policy that provides less dissidence for customers. If they don’t like anything, they can easily return it. This is a good commitment to increase sales.
3. Use free offers
It is common knowledge that people love all free things. No matter what you write or post, as soon as people view the word "free", they will stop and study your offers. Even if you provide offers that don’t intrigue people, some customers will respond you, just because it is free.
Each marketer or advertiser should get the value of "free". When customers shop online and understand that they need to spend $10 to get free shipping, they will add another product to their shopping cart to get this free shipping.
Make sure that another $10 or more can boost the size of your transaction. That’s why 60% of companies use and think this marketing tool like " free shipping with conditions" the most effective. When it comes to e-commerce companies, free shipping and trials are enough to convert leads into customers.
Based on the research from Duke professor Dan Ariely, free offers give us an emotional snatch that we feel what is being offered as tremendously valuable than it can be. It should imperative for you to use this factor to your advantage.
4. Boost desire using the scarcity principle
The principle of scarcity is one of the most effective ones that highly motivate people by the thought not to lose something important. If someone tells you about something that you don’t have, – man, you will want to have it.
Online marketers use this principle to offer their products and services that can soon be disappeared or somebody attempts to discontinue a certain product. It is important to use deadlines for your sales. Lily Pulitzer counts seconds when sale prices will be unavailable.
Another online shop ModMom use the principle "out-of-stock announcements". You need to hurry up to get this product – only 3 left!
Seasonal or limited sales are another great tactic to attract more sales. The fact that the product is kind of limited within a certain period of time really motivates people and make them feel like a chance to "win" it.
5. Integrate the appearance of authority
Most of famous companies are inclined to the principle of authority. People seem hard-wired to respond to influencers. When people see a man in a white coat that tells something important about products, it will build up the compliance effect for all volunteers.
If you have some secret content of your products, you can integrate the credentials from professionals like Herbalife:
Showing different course books are another good example of authority. Especially, if you use books with big names and they share their secrets of awesome sauces or other dishes:
There are a bunch of other psychological factors that affect your sales, but these five referenced in this post stand out in recent years as the most effective factors in online marketing.
Whether you use the principle of authority, scarcity, social proof, etc, it’s evident that online marketers can easily integrate these psychological impacts to increase online sales and income flow.
Sprinkle these factors across the website and watch how your sales go up!
We know that 2017 will be important for us. SEO is always changing. Every year we reveal new platforms, new strategies and tactics to integrate into your projects. If you take care of your online success, you know that to stay up to date with consistent updates, it is better to turn to the experts and get all the information you need.
While you are still thinking about SEO in 2017, I’ve gathered a list of upcoming SEO webinars in 2017. You just need to register for the webinars that interest you most.
SE Ranking invites you to attend the SEO webinar where you can learn about all advanced features of SEO tools and find out the intelligence available at your disposal via SE Ranking SEO power. A one-hour webinar will start on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 1 pm London time.
Attend the SEO webinar to find out how to:
1. Spend less time on one project without losing SEO quality
- get more data with one click: 100% accurate website ranking, search visibility & traffic;
- spend less time on one project: group thousands of keywords within minutes with search volume checked on the fly;
- Google penalties no more: keep complete control over backlinks with automated monitoring and checking;
- don’t act blindfold in SEO with SEO/PPC competitor analysis tools. Check out our new base for Netherlands!
2. Create great relationship with your clients
- be in the know of any changes implemented to your website by your team or clients with Page Changes Monitoring tool before they affect website rankings;
- create professional SEO reports just a few minutes with automated reporting tool;
- use SE Ranking as your own service with White label.
3. Get more than SEO: something you don’t expect but most definitely need
- mobile search tracking you can’t find in other SEO tools;
- social media posting to easily get more social traffic;
- marketing plan – best practice SEO guide to get things done properly and in the most efficient manner.
This webinar helps you discover new SEO and online marketing strategies to increase your online visibility, get more traffic and gain more qualified leads to your website.
Participants will find advanced SEO principles about redirects, duplicate content, Google index, site structure issues, Google Webmaster Tools, Page Rank, flatness, and more. The webinar will take place on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 10 am Eastern Standard Time.
The webinar shows the ways how to balance short-term and long-term engagement strategies and tactics, and key metrics that can allow marketers and webmasters guide this process.
It includes key points on how to create a company culture focused on data, plan for change vs. react to needs, drive technology adoption based on business needs, leverage retention data to optimize new customer acquisition and show measurement tools to define customer behavior.
You can visit the webinar on Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 2 am EST.
This webinar will help you learn to manage your content management system, how to boost your funnel traffic, define where you need to make immediate changes for better lead funnel.
You will find out what you need to add or delete from your website in order to increase organic traffic asap.
Anyone who is interested in content and website development can attend this online seminar on Thursday, February 2, 2017 at 12 pm ET time.
Cision is going to give the seminar on how media contact can influence your target audience to purchase products and services with quality content, how to leverage best practices for successful social media pitching and how to make social media research to your targeting and messaging tactics.
The one-hour webinar also helps your brand spend less time looking for right influencers. You can attend it on Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 2 pm ET.
Understanding SEO is an important lesson that every startup should take. Search engines always change, SEO experts and webmasters want to educate themselves in order to be ahead of the game. The above-mentioned webinars cover everything anyone in SEO should know to rise to eminence in the niche. Feel free to share the info about other interesting events in the comments!